Tuesday, 19 March 2013

Back to Uni! Study Tips

Now that I'm back at University~ I thought I'd write some tips for settling back into school 



image Get into a regular sleep routine: Make sure you get enough sleep! Wake up early
image Organize your timetable: All classes, study time, social life, etc~ Being organized is very important! Time management is essential
image Write a to-do and goals list. Prioritize
image Attend all your classes if possible! If not make sure you get the notes from the classes you missed or the lecture recordings
image If something comes up like an unexpected illness or a funeral inform the University right away
image Have a map handy on you! 
image Take advantage of all the support and help you can get; e.g free workshops, tuakana, mentors
image Pack a lunch or buy some food, drink water. You don't want your stomach rumbling in class teehee
image Join some clubs if you'd like to! 
image Have some places to study like the library, commons room or at home. Make a study group with classmates
image Have a clean room~
image Don't leave anything last minute, keep up to date with all your work, assignments, homework
image Buy your textbooks before the semester starts
image Don't miss any of your exams! Write down these dates in your diary, calender 
image Check the noticeboards: You might find something that interests you! e.g cheap textbooks, study partner, boarding home
image Apply for your student loan/allowance earlier~ It can take a while to process and you don't want to worry about that while you're studying
image Don't be afraid to ask questions~
image Motivate yourself. I always have my MP4 player with me. Music keeps me going!


image

That about sums up everything I can think of at the moment~ I'll add more if theres anything else. Don't give up and do your best!  image Oh and if you're wondering; I'm studying for my Bachelor of Arts and majoring in Criminology. I really want to do languages as well so I'll have to wait & see. What are you studying? 

8 comments:

  1. I'm not back to school but some of the advice you've given can sure be implemented in my daily routine - more sleep, definitely!, clean desk - most probably, prioritizing - of course! xx

    www.todaymyway.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eli! <3
      thanks hehe definitely! I need to work on following my own advice XD
      All the best~

      Delete
  2. These are excellent tips. I always try to follow those but of course they always fail after a week LOL.

    http://dreamdustx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe you can do it! ;D
      I'm working on it too~

      Delete
  3. Thank you for the wonderful tips! c:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! ^__^
      You're welcome~
      thank you for commenting <3

      Delete
  4. These tips are really useful and helpful! Thanks for showing them to us, I will definitely pick some of those up :D

    Keep bloggin'
    Lots of love, Maho

    http://bitt3r-suess.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maho~
      Thank you for commenting <3
      Hope you're well!~

      Delete

Thank you for checking out my blog~! ^^ I really appreciate it ♥

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...